Today’s article is for small-medium-sized manufacturers whose manual scheduling processes are not doing the job.
Paper-based employee scheduling techniques are:
- Tedious and inefficient
- Unable to quickly adapt to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to inaccuracies
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Difficult to share with employees
In addition, employees need to go through a manager or HR department to obtain schedule, time card, and PTO information and it is cumbersome for employees to submit and obtain shift change approvals.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
These problems affect everyone in the company:
- Owners overpay for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Owners lose money due to high employee attrition
- Owners are at risk of compliance violations
- Company misses production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Staff members can’t access the schedule when they are not at work
- Staff members have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force team members on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, contributes to employee burnout
- Scheduling managers spend so much time building schedules that they have little time for other vital tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee schedule requests
Deep-rooted problems that affect every level of the organization require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. Swipeclock Workforce Management Suite from Horizon Payroll Solutions has tools to transform employee scheduling at manufacturing facilities.
Swipeclock Workforce Management Suite incorporates TimeSimplicity which offers automated scheduling and TimeWorksPlus for integrated time and attendance tracking.
- Create schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the staff members with the necessary skills are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible associates to cover open shifts
- Customized system warnings reduce over-staffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for staff members and management
- Employee Self Service enables staff to manage their time cards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
Swipeclock Workforce Management Suite is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
Horizon Payroll Solutions offers WorkforceHUB, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your supervisors, employees, and organization.
WorkforceHUB includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, and TimeWorks Mobile. We’ve just added onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHUB is developed for busy employers like you who need to streamline scheduling, automate time and attendance tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our Horizon Payroll Solutions ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Swipeclock Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to book a demo.